cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sahilauzim
Helper I
Helper I

Patch an attachment to list without using flow

The "Add attachment" control navigates the user to another screen. 

sahilauzim_0-1670216614500.png

sahilauzim_1-1670216696949.png

When a file is attached, it goes to the gallery. Below, a screenshot is given.

sahilauzim_3-1670216882419.png

When pressed on the button "Add to collection & Back", the item is added to the attachment control on the other screen.

sahilauzim_4-1670216988012.png

When pressed on the button "save draft" (through a collection). Below a screenshot of the code is given.

sahilauzim_5-1670217171777.png

sahilauzim_7-1670217443490.png

sahilauzim_8-1670217540452.png

The item is saved in the collection. The problem is I'm not able to patch (synchronise) the attachment to the list without using flow.

sahilauzim_9-1670217753325.png

sahilauzim_10-1670220385657.png

Kindly help.. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sahilauzim ,

Please take a look at this post.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Is-it-possible-to-use-Patch-Function-to-patc...

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @sahilauzim 

I struggled with the same problem recently but eventually have given up as there is no native function yet to update the attachment in Patch without the EditForm control.

It's either you use Power Automate OR create an invisible form with the Attachment field. Then make the UpdateCode for that Invisible form linked to your attachment variable.

Once done trigger a SubmitForm function before the patch or before you clear out the data after submission.

✔️
Just in case my response helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

🔗
🕸bistek.space  🐦 @cha_bistek  📺 @BisTekSpace 

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,767)