cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddiemends
Frequent Visitor

Patch and Append data

Hello Team, 

I am trying to patch and append data to an editable form. I could allow the button to submit and that would solve it but, I need the append function so that only the newly added or edited data can added to the form. 

Here is my code below:

//Create a new collection with exisisting Text
Collect(updateCollection, {'Business Use_DataCard':BusinessUseDataCardValue.Text});

//Patch Data - Append info

Patch('Installable Software Assessments', DetailsGallery.Selected, {BusinessUseDataCardValue.Text & Char(13)& DetailsGallery.Selected.'});

I am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong. Can someone assist please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@eddiemends 

Again, this would all happen as part of the SubmitForm action.  I am not sure what it is that you want to append.  Are you not just talking about changing a record shown in your form and saving the edits?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@eddiemends 

Not sure exactly what it is that you are doing!  The two formulas you provided don't seem to be connected or even correct.

Can you elaborate more on what you are trying to achieve and any column names in your datasource that are relevant, and since you mentioned this is a Form, is there any particular reason you are using a Patch?

Perhaps even a screenshot with explanation if you have some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The one issue I see is that the Patch you are doing contains only a value and not a fieldname.  Also it looks like you are trying to concatenate a full record from the gallery with the text in the use case.  You can't concatenate a record and a string.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
eddiemends
Frequent Visitor

eddiemends_0-1638824303660.png

Sorry for the lack of depth with the first post. 
What I want to achieve is make the highlighted fields editable fields and basically the end user will be able to make those changes per field as needed so its not going to a form that gets field out and then submitted but mostly individual fields might get edited as needed. So that information will be appended and patched instead so it will only save the last input. I hope this clears it up.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@eddiemends 

Again, this would all happen as part of the SubmitForm action.  I am not sure what it is that you want to append.  Are you not just talking about changing a record shown in your form and saving the edits?

eddiemends
Frequent Visitor

Yea you are right randy i think I just over complicated a simple solution. I was over thinking it you. thank you for helping and saving me a headache

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,581)