cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tia94
Level: Powered On

Patch and Filter

I am currently having issues with patching a sharepoint list. I am trying to filter the sharepoint list based on the text box information and then input the Date for the 'Check-in' Column. It is not currently not updating the 'Check-in' column.

Patch('RF Check- Out', First(Filter('RF Check- Out',RFID="RFID2.Text", Tag="Asset/serial2.Text")), {'Check-In': Now()}) ; Reset(RFID2) ; Reset ('Asset/serial2') ; Reset (Dept2)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Patch and Filter

Hi @tia94 ,

Do you want to filter according a text column and update a date column?

Could you tell me

1)whether RFID、Tagall are text column?

2)whether 'Check-In' is a date/date time column?

3) whether RFID2、'Asset/serial2' all are textinput controls?

I assume that RFID、Tag、 all are text column, 'Check-In' is a date/date time column, RFID2、'Asset/serial2'、Dept2 all are textinput controls.

In this situation, I recommend you try this formula:

Patch('RF Check- Out', First(Filter('RF Check- Out',RFID=RFID2.Text, Tag=Asset/serial2.Text)), {'Check-In': Now()}) ; ;Reset(RFID2) ; Reset ('Asset/serial2') ; Reset (Dept2)

Firstly ,’ ”” ’ is used by constant value.

Secondly, the function of Reset is used to set control to its default configuration. If you want to refresh data source, you could use Refresh(datasource).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Is this a delegaion issue?  Patch will only work this way on the first 500 records (2000 if you have set it in the advanced section)

When I have a delegation issue like this I use flow to do the work

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tia94 ,

Do you want to filter according a text column and update a date column?

Could you tell me

1)whether RFID、Tagall are text column?

2)whether 'Check-In' is a date/date time column?

3) whether RFID2、'Asset/serial2' all are textinput controls?

I assume that RFID、Tag、 all are text column, 'Check-In' is a date/date time column, RFID2、'Asset/serial2'、Dept2 all are textinput controls.

In this situation, I recommend you try this formula:

Patch('RF Check- Out', First(Filter('RF Check- Out',RFID=RFID2.Text, Tag=Asset/serial2.Text)), {'Check-In': Now()}) ; ;Reset(RFID2) ; Reset ('Asset/serial2') ; Reset (Dept2)

Firstly ,’ ”” ’ is used by constant value.

Secondly, the function of Reset is used to set control to its default configuration. If you want to refresh data source, you could use Refresh(datasource).

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

tia94
Level: Powered On

yes I am wanting to filter according to a text column and then update the date column for that line. 

1)whether RFID、Tagall are text column? Yes

2)whether 'Check-In' is a date/date time column? Yes

3) whether RFID2、'Asset/serial2' all are textinput controls? Yes

I found away to filter the item and then update the check-In column.

I had to have a gallery, check icon

gallery 'items': Filter('RF Check- Out', RFID= RFID2.Text, Tag= 'Asset/serial2'.Text)

Check icon OnSelect: Patch('RF Check- Out',ThisItem,{Check_x002d_in: Now(), Completed:"Complete"}) ; RemoveIf('RF Check- Out', Completed = "Complete") ; Reset (RFID2) ; Reset ('Asset/serial2') ; Reset (Dept2)

Thanks for the response

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,840)