cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahhollan
Helper V
Helper V

Patch and Submit new form - Submit not working

I have a form where I am having to patch a dropdown value to a SP list and want to do this at the same time that the form is created and the other fields are submitted. I've tried with the Patch function. I can get the patched field to submit and create the record, but the other fields are empty. Below is my formula.

Patch('Alarm Tracking', Defaults('Alarm Tracking'), {Facility:DataCardValue12.Selected.Result}; EditForm1.Updates)

'Alarm Tracking' is the SP list where the new record should be created and the Facility field should be patched.  Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

I ended up using the patch method.  I added fields one by one and tested each time until I was successful. Thanks for all the responses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team

I'm new to Power Apps. I tried to create a form with default cards and few custom cards.  While submitting the form, I want the entire change to take place including the values in custom cards. Tried the below formula to create a NEW form.

Patch(Table1,  Defaults(Table1), {'Resource Name: Dropdown1.Selected.Value, 'Date1: Datepicker1.SelectedDate'}, Editform1.Updates)

Q1: After submitting, the form displayed all fields except 'Resource Name' which is a dropdown custom card value. Please help if I need to change any property of dropdown card.

Q2: How to edit the existing form with the above conditions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,103)