cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Patch button giving Attachments ID required error on first press, second press it works fine?

I have an app connected to a SharePoint list with a button that patches several edit-forms into the list.

Recently I've started having an issue with the Attachments field giving an "ERROR FIELD ID IS REQUIRED" for the attachments field when using a Patch statement to submit the form to SP.

If i click the button a second time, it submits just fine - it's only the first time I open the form and try to submit. (Or on the first try, if I attach something even though it's not a required field, everything submits okay).

I have other apps using attachments and never have run into this issue, I've compared almost every property including Items / Default etc. and i can't find a difference? 

Any assistance would be helpful as this is preventing me from releasing my app. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Patch button giving Attachments ID required error on first press, second press it works fine?

Simple patch statement that fails the first press of a button, but works the second time the button is pressed

Seems strange no? 

Patch(
'Service Intake Form',
Defaults('Service Intake Form'),
efrmPolicyDetails_1.Updates)

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Patch button giving Attachments ID required error on first press, second press it works fine?

Hi@drewski,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario, any screenshots about the error?

Current information could not help to get the whole scenario.

Besides, the formula you provided is correct.

So far, all I can think of is maybe a page rendering issue. Please try to close the App and restart again to see if it resolves.

Best Regards,

Qi

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

drewski_0-1597892868762.png

drewski_1-1597892913087.png

These are the errors I see the first time I click submit (with or without an attachment), then if i click Submit again, everything works fine

If i attach something the before I click submit the first time, it works. So it's like it thinks its required or has validation but it doesn't. I've deleted this attachments field and re-added, nothing seems to work. 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@drewski,

This is so weird.

Try to remove the connection and close the App.

Restart the app and add the previous connection.

This situation is a bit complicated because of the many reasons back to this situation. For example, network problems, Power Apps connection problems, many times we may need to go through each and every one of them. If you want to be more efficient, consider opening a ticket.

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,998)