Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Patch checkboxes into a Text Input

Happy Wednesday,

What is the best approach to patch 2 collection to a Text Input? Is it possible? I hope i explain myself well. 

I am using the following.

ForAll(colCheckedFlorida,{Value:Title})
ForAll(colCheckedTexas,{Value:Title})

I need to patch the ending result to -

"What market(s) will the project/campaign run in" = Text Input

Patch.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Patch checkboxes into a Text Input

Hi@oappdev,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch the two ComboBox selected items to the TextInput?

Do you collect all the selected items from the two ComboBoxes to the different collections?

Let me make it easy for you. If you only want to display what the 'FloridaMarket' and the 'TexasMarket' selected items in the 'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in', you just need to integrate all the selected items to the TextInput control.

Set the TextInput Default property as below:

Concat(DataCardValue6.SelectedItems,Value&" ")&Concat(DataCardValue7.SelectedItems,Value&" ")

Note: DataCardValue6 and DataCardValue7 represents the two ComboBoxes corresponding to the 'FloridaMarket' and the 'TexasMarket'

If you want to patch the text string into the  'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in' column, set the button's OnSelect property as below:

Patch(
    Ptotex,
    Defaults(Ptotex),
    {
        'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in': Concat(
            tem1,
            Value & " "
        ) & Concat(
            tem2,
            Value & " "
        )
    }
)

Note: Ptotex is my SP list, tem1 and tem2 are the collections from the two ComboBoxes selected items.

If you want to display selected items in the TextInput and patch them to the 'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in' column, please set the TextInput and the Button as the above formula.

Please check the Gif as below.

0814Gif2.gif

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

If you want to patch the Textbox onto a collection try;

Collect(colChekedFlorida, {Value: Textbox1.Text })

Change Textbox1

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thank you @eka24  for the quick response.  What l 'm i doing wrong?

Patch1.PNG

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Collections - 

Patch2.PNG

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Please put the formula on Onselect of a button.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Okay. Thanks @eka24 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@oappdev,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch the two ComboBox selected items to the TextInput?

Do you collect all the selected items from the two ComboBoxes to the different collections?

Let me make it easy for you. If you only want to display what the 'FloridaMarket' and the 'TexasMarket' selected items in the 'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in', you just need to integrate all the selected items to the TextInput control.

Set the TextInput Default property as below:

Concat(DataCardValue6.SelectedItems,Value&" ")&Concat(DataCardValue7.SelectedItems,Value&" ")

Note: DataCardValue6 and DataCardValue7 represents the two ComboBoxes corresponding to the 'FloridaMarket' and the 'TexasMarket'

If you want to patch the text string into the  'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in' column, set the button's OnSelect property as below:

Patch(
    Ptotex,
    Defaults(Ptotex),
    {
        'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in': Concat(
            tem1,
            Value & " "
        ) & Concat(
            tem2,
            Value & " "
        )
    }
)

Note: Ptotex is my SP list, tem1 and tem2 are the collections from the two ComboBoxes selected items.

If you want to display selected items in the TextInput and patch them to the 'What market(s) will the project/campaign run in' column, please set the TextInput and the Button as the above formula.

Please check the Gif as below.

0814Gif2.gif

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thank you! @v-qiaqi-msft  That's exactly what i wanted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,676)