cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patch creading duplicate record

Hello,
I'm having an issue with Patch() creating duplicate records in my collection. My goal is to update a few fields in a record within a collection and then Patch the collection to the database to update the fields in the database. The issue I'm running into is that Patch is creating a duplicate record in the collection. I have a gallery, where a user selects a record and can delete the record. The delete is a soft delete in that a field in the record contains an IsDeleted value. Here is the collection before modification:

1.png
Here I've selected the record I wish to delete and verfied that the selected record is correct by using a label to display the PK ID of the record.

2.png
Here is the orignal collection now showing a duplicate value:

3.png
Finally, here are the various permutations of Patch I've tried to make this successfully work:
Using Lookup:
Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, Defaults(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection),
LookUp(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID),
{IsDeleted: true, ModifiedDate: Now(), ModifiedBy:varCurrentUser.Email}
);
Using First/Filter:
Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, Defaults(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection),
First(Filter(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID)),
);
Here is the validation of the selected record displayed in the label box:
First(Filter(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID)).ID
If I don't include
Defaults(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection),
Nothing happens at all, but when I include it, it duplicates. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
panand99
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous 

- Using 'Defaults' in patch will create new record.

- If you want to edit the record then you should use record  to update. (like gallery.selected).

Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, RECORDTOUPDATE,
LookUp(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID),
);

Please accept this solution if it`s fulfill yor requirement.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
panand99
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous 

- Using 'Defaults' in patch will create new record.

- If you want to edit the record then you should use record  to update. (like gallery.selected).

Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, RECORDTOUPDATE,
);

Please accept this solution if it`s fulfill yor requirement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,831)