cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeAnderson
Level 8

Patch creading duplicate record

Hello,
I'm having an issue with Patch() creating duplicate records in my collection. My goal is to update a few fields in a record within a collection and then Patch the collection to the database to update the fields in the database. The issue I'm running into is that Patch is creating a duplicate record in the collection. I have a gallery, where a user selects a record and can delete the record. The delete is a soft delete in that a field in the record contains an IsDeleted value. Here is the collection before modification:

1.png
Here I've selected the record I wish to delete and verfied that the selected record is correct by using a label to display the PK ID of the record.

2.png
Here is the orignal collection now showing a duplicate value:

3.png
Finally, here are the various permutations of Patch I've tried to make this successfully work:
Using Lookup:
Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, Defaults(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection),
LookUp(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID),
{IsDeleted: true, ModifiedDate: Now(), ModifiedBy:varCurrentUser.Email}
);
Using First/Filter:
Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, Defaults(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection),
First(Filter(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID)),
);
Here is the validation of the selected record displayed in the label box:
First(Filter(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID)).ID
If I don't include
Defaults(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection),
Nothing happens at all, but when I include it, it duplicates. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
panand99
Level 10

Re: Patch creading duplicate record

Hi @MikeAnderson 

- Using 'Defaults' in patch will create new record.

- If you want to edit the record then you should use record  to update. (like gallery.selected).

Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, RECORDTOUPDATE,
LookUp(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, ID = PendingEquipmentGallery.Selected.ID),
);

Please accept this solution if it`s fulfill yor requirement.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
panand99
Level 10

Re: Patch creading duplicate record

Hi @MikeAnderson 

- Using 'Defaults' in patch will create new record.

- If you want to edit the record then you should use record  to update. (like gallery.selected).

Patch(PendingEquipmentRequestsCollection, RECORDTOUPDATE,
);

Please accept this solution if it`s fulfill yor requirement.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,856)