cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djanan
Helper II
Helper II

Patch data in Excel dropdown

I have an app where I can see different work items with different status. When the work items enter the app they have all status "New". I have build an function with help of the patchfunction so I can change status. The problem is that the dropdown1_17 shows only the status that is available right now. So if all work items has status new I can only change to status new in the dropdown1_17. but if one of the work items has another status then I can change to other statuses too beside status "New". I want the status on dropdown1_17 be fixed to 6 statuses so I can allways choose between these 6 statuses. It should also change in my Excel file to the new status. 

Dropdown1-16 is filterering on the current status (doesn't need adjustment)

Dropdown1_16.jpg

Dropdown1_17 (need adjustement)

dropdown1_17 list.jpg

Dropdown1_17.jpgthe dropdown is connected to my excel file column Status

excelfile dropdown.jpgI think right solution is to connect the dropdown1_17 to another Excel page but I don't know how to do that and at the same time update Status in the first page (Ticket)

dropdown status excel.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Djanan 

If I understand correctly you have 6 statuses and you always want those statuses to show in the dropdown even if they do not appear in the Tickets table.

It is possible to do this without building a new Table in Excel to holds the statuses.  Instead, you can just use this code in the Items property of your dropdown.  It creates a single-column table with the dropdown values (please note the square brackets).

[
"New",
"Work Item Communicated",
"Work Item With Release Notes",
"Work Item With Booked Meeting",
"Training Executed",
"Close"
]

Hope this helps!

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney that sounds like a good solution. Unfortunately I have some warning on my confirmation button, do you have any idea what the problem can be?

confirm button warning.jpg

@Djanan 

Please click on the error and share a screenshot of the warning message that appears.

3 warnings.jpgwarning 1.jpgwarning 2.jpgwarning 3.jpg

@Djanan 

Tee first error says you have a missing control name.  Do these still exist?  Check your left side menu and double check the spelling is 100% correct

Gallery1_6
Checkbox1_15
Dropdown1_13

Next, you can check this line in your patch.  Can you please show me the code in Dropdown1_13 for the Items property?

Status=Dropdown1_13.SelectedText

dropdown error.jpg

@Djanan 

Looks good there.  So we've eliminated that possibility.

Can you check your left side menu to make sure these exist?

Gallery1_6

Checkbox1_15  I do not see this one

Dropdown1_13

Also, your checkbox within the gallery has an error.  Please tell me the control name and screenshot the error too.

Gallery1_6 was correct

Checkbox1_15  I do not see this one It was wrong I have changed to Checkbox1_13

Dropdown1_13 was correct

I have still problem.

error checkbox.jpg

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Djanan 

To fetch the value from a checkbox, you need to use CheckboxName.Value

Expression:
Patch(Tickets, ThisItem, {Status: Checkbox1_13.Value})

But this will add true/false in the status column, if you wish to add the status selected in Dropdown, you need to update the expression as:

Patch(Tickets, ThisItem, {Status: Dropdown1_13.Selected.Value})

Assuming, that the name of dropdown control to select Status is Dropdown1_13

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,407)