cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djanan
Helper II
Helper II

Patch data in Excel dropdown

I have an app where I can see different work items with different status. When the work items enter the app they have all status "New". I have build an function with help of the patchfunction so I can change status. The problem is that the dropdown1_17 shows only the status that is available right now. So if all work items has status new I can only change to status new in the dropdown1_17. but if one of the work items has another status then I can change to other statuses too beside status "New". I want the status on dropdown1_17 be fixed to 6 statuses so I can allways choose between these 6 statuses. It should also change in my Excel file to the new status. 

Dropdown1-16 is filterering on the current status (doesn't need adjustment)

Dropdown1_16.jpg

Dropdown1_17 (need adjustement)

dropdown1_17 list.jpg

Dropdown1_17.jpgthe dropdown is connected to my excel file column Status

excelfile dropdown.jpgI think right solution is to connect the dropdown1_17 to another Excel page but I don't know how to do that and at the same time update Status in the first page (Ticket)

dropdown status excel.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

@Djanan
You are getting an error because you need to change Checkbox1_13 I to Checkbox1_13.Value just like it was in your original post.

@mdevaneyalmost fixed. I don't get any errors but when I click on the checkbox it update to the new status automatically. I want to click on the confirm button to do that. 

I have also problem with that the new status appears in a new field in my dropdown. I think I should use distinct somehow. 

distinct.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,319)