cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djanan
Helper II
Helper II

Patch data in Excel dropdown

I have an app where I can see different work items with different status. When the work items enter the app they have all status "New". I have build an function with help of the patchfunction so I can change status. The problem is that the dropdown1_17 shows only the status that is available right now. So if all work items has status new I can only change to status new in the dropdown1_17. but if one of the work items has another status then I can change to other statuses too beside status "New". I want the status on dropdown1_17 be fixed to 6 statuses so I can allways choose between these 6 statuses. It should also change in my Excel file to the new status. 

Dropdown1-16 is filterering on the current status (doesn't need adjustment)

Dropdown1_16.jpg

Dropdown1_17 (need adjustement)

dropdown1_17 list.jpg

Dropdown1_17.jpgthe dropdown is connected to my excel file column Status

excelfile dropdown.jpgI think right solution is to connect the dropdown1_17 to another Excel page but I don't know how to do that and at the same time update Status in the first page (Ticket)

dropdown status excel.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

@Djanan
You are getting an error because you need to change Checkbox1_13 I to Checkbox1_13.Value just like it was in your original post.

@mdevaneyalmost fixed. I don't get any errors but when I click on the checkbox it update to the new status automatically. I want to click on the confirm button to do that. 

I have also problem with that the new status appears in a new field in my dropdown. I think I should use distinct somehow. 

distinct.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,383)