Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
King
Advocate III
Advocate III

Patch date hour and minutes in datetime column powerapps

I am confused with handling dates

I can't patch the hours and minutes in a DateTime sharepoint column

in powerapps I have a DateTimePicker for the date and 2 ComboBox for the hours and minutes

I am trying as follows

DateTimeValue (Final Date.SelectedDate & "" & Final Time.Selected.Value & ":" & MinFinal.Selected.Value)

but in the sharepoint column only the date appears the hours and minutes not

6 REPLIES 6
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@King 

Dates are one of the most confusing topics in PowerApps in my opinion.  Therefore, you are in good company if you are having a problem with them!

Your post said you can only see the hours and minutes in your SharePoint column when using this code.  Can you please check the settings to see if its a Time only column?  This is an option in a SharePoint DateTime column.  You want a Date & Time instead.  

DateTimeValue (Final Date.SelectedDate & "" & Final Time.Selected.Value & ":" & MinFinal.Selected.Value)

I'm not too familiar with the DateTimeValue function but if you believe that's the problem you can try to Patch this value instead.

Final Date.SelectedDate + Time(Final Time.Selected.Value, MinFinal.Selected.Value, 0)

Let me know how you are doing after trying these things!

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

HI @mdevaney 

thanks for answering if the dates in PowerApps are confusing

I tried the code above and the result is the same.

just show me the date

The hours and minutes are lost

Captura de Pantalla 2020-01-08 a la(s) 19.52.55.png

the column is of type DATETIME

It should look something like this: 01/15/20 10:00 AM

@King
In the SharePoint column settings for a DateTime column you can choose either Date Only or Date & Time. Can you please ensure Date & Time is the option you have selected?

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) as @mdevaney said double check that the settings on the column itself are set to show both date and time.

screenshot.png

2) I think the formula you want for saving the value is a Text() to format the ISO DateTime String inside a DateTimeValue()

DateTimeValue(Text(Final Date.SelectedDate & "" & Final Time.Selected.Value & ":" & MinFinal.Selected.Value,DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1
Thanks for posting a picture. I wanted to do that too but it’s not possible from a mobile phone 😞

Thanks for the help @mdevaney  @Pstork1 

the column if it is in the configuration that tells me Date and time

Something strange happened but it worked for me.

since the value of the date has it but in the column it does not show it only shows 1/9/2020

but its value is

2020-01-10T06: 00: 00Z

I used this formula

Set(
    DateEndTest,
    DateTimeValue (
        Text (
            DateEnd.SelectedDate + Time (TimeValue (TimeEnd.Selected.Value), TimeValue (MinEnd.Selected.Value), 0),
            DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime
        )
    )
);

Value in variable in Flow

download.png

In column of ShrePoint

download.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,329)