Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Martindeter
Level: Powered On

Patch function and flow

Hello, 

I need your help. I created a PowerApps, wich has a Form. 
In the form there is : 
- One EditForm. I created a Submit button and it creates an item in a SharePoint List. 

- One ListBox with an Office365 connection with the members of my company. When I click on submit, it patches the item to add the name of the employee in a column. 

I want to create a Flow to notify the employee that an Item was created. I added 10 second to be sure the patching process is done. In the apply to each, I added a condition and then the action send an email. 

Case1.PNGThe flow

Case1B.PNGEmpty input

The problem is that the Input is empty, so it sends to 100 people an Email.

The flow works when I create manually an item in the SharePoint list.

Could you help me ?

Thanks a lot 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: Patch function and flow

After the delay you need to ad an action to get the item properties again. Otherwise the Flow will continue to work with the item details as they were during the trigger.
Another way to manage this in which you do not need to add the delay is to trigger the flow from PowerApps after you patch the item and use the employee info directly from PowerApps. Since you already determined this info in the PowerApp that might be a little easier.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: Patch function and flow

After the delay you need to ad an action to get the item properties again. Otherwise the Flow will continue to work with the item details as they were during the trigger.
Another way to manage this in which you do not need to add the delay is to trigger the flow from PowerApps after you patch the item and use the employee info directly from PowerApps. Since you already determined this info in the PowerApp that might be a little easier.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,947)