Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Patch function error

Hello Team,

Here i am using the collect, forall and patch functions to collect and save data to sharepoint list. Is this possible to use collect and forall and patch function in one button command and save data to sharepoint?

Could anyone help on this would be appreciated ?

Collect(IT,{Title:TextInput1.Text,ContactPerson:SearchTerm.Text,CreationDate:DatePicker1.SelectedDate,Description:TextInput3.Text,Justification:TextInput4.Text,DesiredDate:DatePicker2.SelectedDate,Process:Dropdown2.Selected.Value});UpdateContext({Submit:true});If(!IsBlank(TextInput1.Text),true,UpdateContext({Submit:false})) this i am using in submit button

ForAll(IT,Patch('Business Requirements List',Defaults('Business Requirements List'),{Title1: Description ,Title: Title,Justification_x0020_of_x0020_req: Justification,Desired_x0020_date:DesiredDate,Created:CreationDate,Process_x0020__x0028_Vorstand_x0:Process,Contact_x0020_Person_x0020_in_x0:ContactPerson})) this i am using on Save button. this is where the error appears.

Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Patch function error

@Nikhil2 wrote:

Collect(IT,{Title:TextInput1.Text,ContactPerson:SearchTerm.Text,CreationDate:DatePicker1.SelectedDate,Description:TextInput3.Text,Justification:TextInput4.Text,DesiredDate:DatePicker2.SelectedDate,Process:Dropdown2.Selected.Value});UpdateContext({Submit:true});If(!IsBlank(TextInput1.Text),true,UpdateContext({Submit:false})) this i am using in submit button

Hi @Nikhil2,

Can you look at the part in red? The condition is built in a strange way.

@Nikhil2 wrote:

ForAll(IT,Patch('Business Requirements List',Defaults('Business Requirements List'),{Title1: Description ,Title: Title,Justification_x0020_of_x0020_req: Justification,Desired_x0020_date:DesiredDate,Created:CreationDate,Process_x0020__x0028_Vorstand_x0:Process,Contact_x0020_Person_x0020_in_x0:ContactPerson})) this i am using on Save button. this is where the error appears.

Can you share more about what kind of error is occuring?

Mr. Dang

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikhil2,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message that you mentioned within your app?

Could you please share a bit more about your SP list?

Further, could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration?

Please check if you have provided proper column names (column names of your SP list) within the ChangeRecord(s) part of the Patch function.

In addition, please check if you have faced disambiguation issue within the Patch function that you provided. If you have faced disambiguation issue within your formula, you could consider take a try to fix your issue using disambiguation operator (@).

More details about the disambiguation operator (@), please check the following article:

Disambiguation operator

Please also take a try to modify your Patch function formula as below:

ForAll(
RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(IT,"Title","Title2"),"ContactPerson","ContactPerson2"),"CreationDate","CreationDate2"),"Description","Description2"),"Justification","Justification2"),"DesiredDate","DesiredDate2"),"Process","Process2"),
Patch('Business Requirements List',
Defaults('Business Requirements List'),
{Title1:Description2,Title:Title2,Justification_x0020_of_x0020_req:Justification2,Desired_x0020_date:DesiredDate2,Created:CreationDate2,Process_x0020__x0028_Vorstand_x0:Process2,Contact_x0020_Person_x0020_in_x0:ContactPerson2}
)
)

Then check if your issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello mr.Dang,

Thank you for the reply, what i am doing is i have two different buttons which is submit(where i collects the data and store to collections) and other save button(where i have used forall and patch function). Perhaps what i need is possibility to store the information using only one button which is save.

I want to collect the data and save the information to sharepoint list using Save button only not submit and click again save.

Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil Prakash Muthya.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Nikhil2 wrote:

Hi @Nikhil2,

Can you look at the part in red? The condition is built in a strange way.

@Nikhil2 wrote:

Can you share more about what kind of error is occuring?

Mr. Dang

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikhil2,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message that you mentioned within your app?

Could you please share a bit more about your SP list?

Further, could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration?

Please check if you have provided proper column names (column names of your SP list) within the ChangeRecord(s) part of the Patch function.

In addition, please check if you have faced disambiguation issue within the Patch function that you provided. If you have faced disambiguation issue within your formula, you could consider take a try to fix your issue using disambiguation operator (@).

More details about the disambiguation operator (@), please check the following article:

Disambiguation operator

Please also take a try to modify your Patch function formula as below:

ForAll(
RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(RenameColumns(IT,"Title","Title2"),"ContactPerson","ContactPerson2"),"CreationDate","CreationDate2"),"Description","Description2"),"Justification","Justification2"),"DesiredDate","DesiredDate2"),"Process","Process2"),
Patch('Business Requirements List',
Defaults('Business Requirements List'),
{Title1:Description2,Title:Title2,Justification_x0020_of_x0020_req:Justification2,Desired_x0020_date:DesiredDate2,Created:CreationDate2,Process_x0020__x0028_Vorstand_x0:Process2,Contact_x0020_Person_x0020_in_x0:ContactPerson2}
)
)

Then check if your issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello mr.Dang,

Thank you for the reply, what i am doing is i have two different buttons which is submit(where i collects the data and store to collections) and other save button(where i have used forall and patch function). Perhaps what i need is possibility to store the information using only one button which is save.

I want to collect the data and save the information to sharepoint list using Save button only not submit and click again save.

Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil Prakash Muthya.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello,

Greetings for the day!

Well i have considered both the inputs and it worked as i was expected to.

Thanks for the input in quick time.

Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil Prakash Muthya.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,192)