cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch function for attachments

Hello guys!

I'm building a Help Desk application using SP Lists and Power Apps, and i want to give my users the option to attach files on the ticket opening (that works perfectly) or after the ticket is already opened, however i can't figure a way to attach the files to a already open ticket.

I'm using this Patch function on the "Anexar Arquivo" green button: 

Patch('Portal Único de Atendimento';Defaults('Portal Único de Atendimento');{Anexos:DataCardValue15_1})

Screenshot_9.png

Powerapps does not show any errors on the formula, however, the files i try to add are not being attached to the ticket, so it means that my SP List is not receiving it, any tips on how to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Here's a couple posts on the topic to take a look at:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Need-to-add-Attachment-to-a-PATCH-to-a-Share...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Saving-attachments-using-Patch/td-p/277984

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, Patch does not support attachments.  You'll have to use an edit  form if you want to be able to add an attachment to the record.

LRVinNC

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @LRVinNC , thanks for your quick response!

That's unfortunate, patching the attachments would be very easy. Could you please give me a more in depth explanation about how i could use a edit form to achieve what i need? I'm pretty new to Power Apps, this is my first project using it.

Super User
Super User

Here's a couple posts on the topic to take a look at:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Need-to-add-Attachment-to-a-PATCH-to-a-Share...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Saving-attachments-using-Patch/td-p/277984

LRVinNC

------------------

View solution in original post

Thank you @LRVinNC , the method by submiting the form worked, but i still have a doubt, i created a whole new screen for it, like so:

Screenshot_10.png

Do i really need a new screen to submit this form? Or can i have more than one form in the same screen?

Super User
Super User

No, you don't need a new screen.  You should be able to include the attachment control within your existing form.  To answer your specific question, yes it is possible to have more than one form on a screen.  

LRVinNC

------------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,219)