Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin_Moz
Helper I
Helper I

Patch function no longer working

Hi everyone,

As of this morning the patch function for one of my apps is no longer working.

(I've been using it successfully for the past 6 months)

I receive the following error: "Value must be at most 255 characters in length" on my submit button.

I hope they haven't limited the patch function to 255, as I have around 1000 required characters in mine.

Please help!

Thank You, 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Moz
Helper I
Helper I

I still haven't been able to figure out why it quit working, but I did find a fix for it.

I just went through and set all text fields Maximum Length to 254 and everything went through.

I'll mark this post as completed. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

What column(s) are you Patching? It could be possible that the datatype for that column or columns has been changed to only accept 255 characters.

Hi Eric,

I'm patching somewhere around 30 columns. (Most characters would be 25 max)

It worked fine yesterday and the previous 6 months.

I don't feel that anyone changed the list settings overnight, as I'm the only one who manages it.

Also, It doesn't even specify a column. The error just points to the button itself.

Justin_Moz
Helper I
Helper I

I still haven't been able to figure out why it quit working, but I did find a fix for it.

I just went through and set all text fields Maximum Length to 254 and everything went through.

I'll mark this post as completed. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,981)