cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Patch function to SQL table with Identity ON.

Hello,

I am trying to develop a simple app that allows me to update values in a SSMS table. The column id_num is set to Identity yet I still get the error that my Datasource needs to be a collection. Can Powerapps directly update a SQL server table? Do I need to update the collection first and then send those updates to SQL?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jpyszkowski 

I think this is because your id_num isn't set as a primary key. If you right click the id_num column in SSMS (in the top part of the grid in your second screenshot), there should be an option to set the column as primary key.

After you do this in SSMS, you'll need to refresh the datasource in PowerApps. There have been some cases in the past few weeks where it's taken some time for such changes to take effect, but this should hopefully solve your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jpyszkowski 

I think this is because your id_num isn't set as a primary key. If you right click the id_num column in SSMS (in the top part of the grid in your second screenshot), there should be an option to set the column as primary key.

After you do this in SSMS, you'll need to refresh the datasource in PowerApps. There have been some cases in the past few weeks where it's taken some time for such changes to take effect, but this should hopefully solve your problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@timl Thank you much. Took about 5 mins for powerapps to refresh and pick up that change.

Highlighted

You're welcome, glad that solved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,852)