Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaikSayyad
Helper III
Helper III

Patch function update a gallery selected

Hi,

I was trying to update my existing record in SP list, Hence tried with Patch Function but it couldn't worked for me  please a have look on below provided screen, help me how to rectify this.

ShaikSayyad_0-1612118100274.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

@ShaikSayyad ,

Can you show a screen with the error text included ? My feeling is that you put the formula in an non behavior function...

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ShaikSayyad 

Please check the following:

1) 'Project Objective' - you are trying to set it to a record.  Is Project Objective a column that needs a record, or is it a text column?

2) Your Claims column in the person column should be:  

Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(ProjectApproveFormManager_lbl.Selected.Email), 

3)  Although not technically in error - you should remove all of the SelectedText properties in your formula and change to Selected.Result.  SelectedText is a deprecated property.

4) Make sure that your Gallery that you are using to reference the selected record for the Patch is actually based on your datasource.

5) As @gabibalaban, make sure you have this formula on a behavioral action.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
PatrickMSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

ShaikSayyad,

Concurred with previously made points, might help to know the kinds of errors you're running into. The Patch function itself is preferred so something else may be going on. The field types can impact your approach, possibly even requiring another function be brought in.

This guide goes into this and more:
https://sharepains.com/2021/01/13/patch-field-type-sharepoint-power-apps/

Let us know!

Thank you for your information I have made changes as you suggested but still facing same issue I'm providing you below screens 

ShaikSayyad_0-1612160752147.pngShaikSayyad_1-1612160794810.pngShaikSayyad_2-1612161369600.png

@ShaikSayyad ,

Please keep the cursor on your formula and take a screenshot. We need to see the error, there are some precious info regarding it.

gabibalaban_0-1612164168217.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,709)