cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raffbrito
Regular Visitor

Patch is Updating 1st Record From Gallery, Instead of Selected.

Hi all,

I have a gallery called "GalleryOppHome", when I click on an item it takes me to the "OpportunittyDetailScreen", where I have individual fields (TextInputs, Dropdowns, ComboBox, etc) to show the info from different SP lists. This screen allows me to edit this information - I have a button to patch the updates to the lists. The info should be Pactehd to two lists - "Opportunities" and "Calendar". So I have two Patch statements one for each list. The first is working ok, it updates the info to my "Opportunities" list. The second Patch statement is supposed to reference the item from the Opportunities list, however, it is taking the new input info and referencing the 1st item in the gallery, not the item I selected.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Patch(Opportunities, GalleryOppHome.Selected, {Status:DropdownStatus4_1.SelectedText.Value ,Title:TextInputService4_1.Text, Services_x0020_Period:TextInputPeriod4_1.Text,Closing_x0020_Probability:DropdownClose_4.SelectedText.Value, Estimated_x0020_Revenue:Value(TextInputRevenue4_1.Text),Opportunity_x0020_Description:TextInputNotes_4.Text,
Lead: {'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
Department: "",
Claims: ComboBox1_4.Selected.Mail,
DisplayName: ComboBox1_4.Selected.DisplayName,
Email: ComboBox1_4.Selected.Mail,
JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""}});

Patch(Calendar, LookUp(Calendar, OpportunityID = GalleryOppHome.Selected.ID), {Title:"Follow Up" & " " & LookUp(Companies, ID = GalleryOppHome.Selected.mt3v, Name),Date:DatePickerFollow_2.SelectedDate, CompanyID:LookUp(Companies, ID = GalleryOppHome.Selected.mt3v, ID), ContactID:Value(DropdownClose_3.Selected.ID), OpportunityID:GalleryOppHome.Selected.ID
});

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@raffbrito 

Your issue is that your first patch is most likely impacting the Items of your Gallery causing the Gallery to reevaluate the formula in the Items.  This causes the Gallery to select the first record in the gallery.  So, when you are at the second Patch, it is now picking up items from the first record in the Gallery.

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

With({_thisItem: GalleryOppHome.Selected},

Patch(Opportunities, 
        _thisItem, 
        {Status: _thisItem.DropdownStatus4_1.SelectedText.Value,   // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Title: _thisItem.TextInputService4_1.Text, 
         Services_x0020_Period: _thisItem.TextInputPeriod4_1.Text,
         Closing_x0020_Probability: _thisItem.DropdownClose_4.SelectedText.Value, // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Estimated_x0020_Revenue: Value(_thisItem.TextInputRevenue4_1.Text),
         Opportunity_x0020_Description: _thisItem.TextInputNotes_4.Text,
         // IF COMBOBOX1_4's Items property is based on a SharePoint Person column, then there is no need for the below
         // simply use -  Lead: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected
         Lead: {  
             Claims: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected.Mail,
             DisplayName: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected.DisplayName,
             Email: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected.Mail,
             Picture: ""
            }
        }
    );

With({_company: LookUp(Companies, ID = _thisItem.mt3v)},
        Patch(Calendar, 
            LookUp(Calendar, OpportunityID = _thisItem.ID), 
            {
               Title:"Follow Up" & " " & _company.Name,
               Date: _thisItem.DatePickerFollow_2.SelectedDate, 
               CompanyID: _company.ID, 
               ContactID: Value(_thisItem.DropdownClose_3.Selected.ID), 
               OpportunityID: _thisItem.ID
            }
        )
    )
)

This will capture the selected record (and it's associated control values) into a With scoped variable.  Then this is used for both patches.

Also note I have a couple of comments in the above formula for you to consider.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@raffbrito 

Yes, what I provided should work for you.  However, I see a distinction from my formula and what you originally said.  I mistakenly assumed that your controls were in the Gallery (i.e. combobox, textinput, etc)  Re-reading I see that you are saying these are not in the gallery but are on the screen.

So, this formula is revised for that:

Patch(Opportunities, 
        _thisItem, 
        {Status: DropdownStatus4_1.SelectedText.Value,   // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Title: TextInputService4_1.Text, 
         Services_x0020_Period: TextInputPeriod4_1.Text,
         Closing_x0020_Probability: DropdownClose_4.SelectedText.Value, // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Estimated_x0020_Revenue: Value(TextInputRevenue4_1.Text),
         Opportunity_x0020_Description: TextInputNotes_4.Text,
            }
        }
    );

Patch(Calendar, 
            {
               Date: DatePickerFollow_2.SelectedDate, 
               ContactID: Value(DropdownClose_3.Selected.ID), 
            }
        )
    )
)

As for:

1) The Selected.something is totally based on the Items property of the control.  So, if you are using full records in that, then replace something with the name of the column you want from your record.  If the Items is based on Choices, then you will only have .Value available.  If it is based on Distinct, then you will only have .Result available.  So just replace accordingly.

2) That should clear up with the new formula

3) Yes, this will work.  In fact, there is no other way to do it if it is based off of the 365 user.  The only real change from your original formula (in regard to the user) is that the new formula does not have the odata.type designation as it is no longer needed.

See what the above does for you now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@raffbrito 

Your issue is that your first patch is most likely impacting the Items of your Gallery causing the Gallery to reevaluate the formula in the Items.  This causes the Gallery to select the first record in the gallery.  So, when you are at the second Patch, it is now picking up items from the first record in the Gallery.

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

Patch(Opportunities, 
        _thisItem, 
        {Status: _thisItem.DropdownStatus4_1.SelectedText.Value,   // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Title: _thisItem.TextInputService4_1.Text, 
         Services_x0020_Period: _thisItem.TextInputPeriod4_1.Text,
         Closing_x0020_Probability: _thisItem.DropdownClose_4.SelectedText.Value, // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Estimated_x0020_Revenue: Value(_thisItem.TextInputRevenue4_1.Text),
         Opportunity_x0020_Description: _thisItem.TextInputNotes_4.Text,
         // IF COMBOBOX1_4's Items property is based on a SharePoint Person column, then there is no need for the below
         // simply use -  Lead: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected
             Claims: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected.Mail,
             DisplayName: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected.DisplayName,
             Email: _thisItem.ComboBox1_4.Selected.Mail,
            }
        }
    );

Patch(Calendar, 
            {
               Date: _thisItem.DatePickerFollow_2.SelectedDate, 
               ContactID: Value(_thisItem.DropdownClose_3.Selected.ID), 
            }
        )
    )
)

This will capture the selected record (and it's associated control values) into a With scoped variable.  Then this is used for both patches.

Also note I have a couple of comments in the above formula for you to consider.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Hi @RandyHayes ,

Thanks for your help.

When I paste the formula block you provided, I get all sorts of errors. 

1. What should I substitute Selected.Text with? In my SP list, it's a text column, in my app it's a dropdown for selection.

2. All the app fields (dropdowns, TextInputs, ComboBoxes) are underlined in red indicating that there's an error. Also when I'm editing the formula in the formula bar, the related fields in the screen are not highlighted as they usually stay while editing the formula. 

3. My person ComboBox is getting persons from Office365Users. I don't think your suggestion will work, will it?

Thanks a lot,

Rafael

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@raffbrito 

Yes, what I provided should work for you.  However, I see a distinction from my formula and what you originally said.  I mistakenly assumed that your controls were in the Gallery (i.e. combobox, textinput, etc)  Re-reading I see that you are saying these are not in the gallery but are on the screen.

So, this formula is revised for that:

Patch(Opportunities, 
        _thisItem, 
        {Status: DropdownStatus4_1.SelectedText.Value,   // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Title: TextInputService4_1.Text, 
         Services_x0020_Period: TextInputPeriod4_1.Text,
         Closing_x0020_Probability: DropdownClose_4.SelectedText.Value, // THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED AS SelectedText is a Deprecated property
         Estimated_x0020_Revenue: Value(TextInputRevenue4_1.Text),
         Opportunity_x0020_Description: TextInputNotes_4.Text,
            }
        }
    );

Patch(Calendar, 
            {
               Date: DatePickerFollow_2.SelectedDate, 
               ContactID: Value(DropdownClose_3.Selected.ID), 
            }
        )
    )
)

As for:

1) The Selected.something is totally based on the Items property of the control.  So, if you are using full records in that, then replace something with the name of the column you want from your record.  If the Items is based on Choices, then you will only have .Value available.  If it is based on Distinct, then you will only have .Result available.  So just replace accordingly.

2) That should clear up with the new formula

3) Yes, this will work.  In fact, there is no other way to do it if it is based off of the 365 user.  The only real change from your original formula (in regard to the user) is that the new formula does not have the odata.type designation as it is no longer needed.

See what the above does for you now.

@RandyHayes It worked perfectly! Thanks!! 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,801)