Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Patch local table - The first argument of "Patch" should be a collection

Hi All

In my app I am creating a table with screen  OnVisible - 

Refresh(SP_List);   UpdateContext({LocalTable: SP_List})

And then I need to update that table, but getting "The first argument of 'Patch' should be a collection" when trying to do 

Patch(LocalTable, First(Filter(LocalTable, Title="MyTitle")), {Value: 10}) 

So how can I update that LocalTable table?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @RomanKorchak 

UpdateContext creates a local context variable and the Patch works with the collections, can you try to update the expression on the "OnVisible" property of the screen as: 

Refresh(SP_List);   ClearCollect(LocalTable,SP_List)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @RomanKorchak 

UpdateContext creates a local context variable and the Patch works with the collections, can you try to update the expression on the "OnVisible" property of the screen as: 

Refresh(SP_List);   ClearCollect(LocalTable,SP_List)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Depending on some condition I need to use different  SP List, so rather then using 20 line Select formula everywhere I need to use data from that SP List, I just create a table with screen OnVisible and than use that table everywhere else, but need to update that table on few actions so looking for a way to do it.

Hey @RomanKorchak 

Have you tried the above expression to create a collection rather than a context variable? You can update the collection in the same way using the Patch function.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,839)