Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thanasis
Helper IV
Helper IV

Patch multi texts to sharepoint on different lines and disable button

Hello ,

I would really appreciate some help on this . 

What I'm trying to do is Patch multi textInputs into one column but I want them to be the one under the other if that is possible. What I have so far thanks to @RandyHayes help on a previous post is this

DisclosedComment:Concat([TextInput1_7, TextInput1_8, TextInput1_9, TextInput1_10,TextInput1_11,], Value.Text & Char(13)),

It will work if I use it to combine all those textinputs into one but it will not work with the patch so it can show the one under the other on my SharePoint list.

Also one more thing when I have a button that is disabled when some things are not filled. I am having an issue with the checkbox

and the dropdown . What I have is this: 

If(
    IsBlank(Rquestion1.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion2.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion3.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion4.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion5.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion6.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion7.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion8.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion9.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion10.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion11.Selected.Value)|| IsBlank(Rquestion12.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion13.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(SSN1.Text) || Checkbox1.Value || Checkbox1_1.Value, 
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.Disabled

When I do that the last too Check box 1 and check box1_1 if both are not checked it is working fine but when Click one of the do the button gets activated. Is there something I am doing wrong . Also is there a way i can add my combobox1 on there ? 

I know it is a lot  and I really appreciate any help you can give me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Thanasis 

Yes, Change your formula to the following:

If(
    IsBlank(combobox1.Selected.Value) ||
    IsBlank(Rquestion1.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion2.Selected.Value) || 
    IsBlank(Rquestion3.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion4.Selected.Value) || 
    IsBlank(Rquestion5.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion6.Selected.Value) || 
    IsBlank(Rquestion7.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion8.Selected.Value) || 
    IsBlank(Rquestion9.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(Rquestion10.Selected.Value) || 
    IsBlank(Rquestion11.Selected.Value)|| IsBlank(Rquestion12.Selected.Value) || 
    IsBlank(Rquestion13.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(SSN1.Text) || 
    (Checkbox1.Value && Checkbox1_1.Value), 
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.Disabled
)

As for the split lines - sorry I should have given you the correct character code.  Change Char(13) to Char(10) 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Thanasis 

For the second part, yes, you are seeing the correct action based on your formula.  You are using logical OR's for your condition.  If ANY of the items in that long list becomes true, then the mode will be Edit.

So, as soon as you check on checkbox, that will make it true and thus edit.

If you want it so that BOTH checkboxes must be checked, then change your formula to the following:

If(
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.Disabled
)

As for the first issue.  Can you provide more details on the DisclosedComment column in your datasource?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Thanasis
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hello,

Yes that worked like a charm @RandyHayes. Thank you for that. Can I also add my combox1 in that formula so basically if nothing is selected on that combo box the button should be disabled.? 

About the Second part. The first entry is how my results come into SharePoint and the second entry is how I want them to come in. The column is just a multi lines of text. 

Thanasis_1-1610645428000.png

Any ideas I would really appreciate. 

Thank you 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Thanasis 

Yes, Change your formula to the following:

If(
    IsBlank(combobox1.Selected.Value) ||
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.Disabled
)

As for the split lines - sorry I should have given you the correct character code.  Change Char(13) to Char(10) 

Thanasis
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you @RandyHayes  everything worked 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,277)