Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vignesh_2112
Helper II
Helper II

Patch multiple images to sharepoint list

Hi everyone,

I have a SharePoint list with columns (Image 1, Image 2, Image 3).

I have setup a collection in PowerApps to collect the Image control pictures and I need to patch them to their respective columns.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Vignesh_2112

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Vignesh_2112,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to save images to respective columns within your SP list?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario:

• What is the column type of your Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, is it a Picture column?
  • How you capture pictures, an Image control, or something else?

If 'Image 1' is a Picture column, the data will show as a picture within your SP list. However, a Picture column is read-only in PowerApps which means that you could only update this kind of data type within your SP list

Since only the Picture type could show as the image in the SP list, currently there is no way to save the image from PowerApps to the SP list.

As an alternative solution, you could add a "Multiple lines of text" type column to store pictures, and please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/save-uploaded-pics-to-sharepoint-fr...

What' more, if you insist on using a collection, Flow may help you to figure it out, you should try the following solution or open a new case in the Flow forum:

http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2019/06/08/getting-pics-to-sharepoint-from-powerapps-is-getting-eas...

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft 

Thanks for your reply

I could save image as url or as jpg using flow, whereas in my case I need to have multiple images recorded in SP list as like what a patch function does.

I need to know whether I can save 8 images with their respective column, say first image captured in collection to be stored under column name Inspection image, second image under column named Electrical box, etc

*For illustrative purpose*

SharePoint list Name

ID

Inspection Image

Electrical box

Inps1.jpg

Electricbox.jpg

Insps1.Jpg row should display image

similarly, electricbox.jpg

Thanks

Vigneshraj C T

Hi@Vignesh_2112,

Do you want to display pictures from PowerApps to the SP list within a Picture column?

As I said before, If 'Image 1' is a Picture column, the data will show as a picture within your SP list. However, a Picture column is read-only in PowerApps which means that you could only update this kind of data type within your SP list.

Currently, there is no way to patch image from PowerApps to the SP list Picture column.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,305)