Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Patch not working after list recreation

I've seen this a few times on the 'net but no solutions. Deleting the sharepoint list that the powerapp uses, then recreating it causes things to break in the powerapp. One such thing is Patch, which no longer works. The screen can pull data from the list but when I use Patch it doesn't update the list any more. I've removed all data sources from the power app and added the recreated list. The gallery is fine and displays the data but Patch no longer updates it. Is there something I'm missing?







Accepted Solutions

Adding First and Filter to the Patch function solves the problem

View solution in original post

Resolver I
Resolver I

Turned out it was due to the nature of the new list. The new list has a field prepopulated so the Patch now has to upsert rather than insert. Now, how to work out how to upsert...

Adding First and Filter to the Patch function solves the problem

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @codebrane,


Have you solved your problem?


If you have solved your problem, please click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.


If you have other questions about PowerApps, please let me know here.


Best regards,


Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks for the reminder Kris. I didn't think I could accept my own solution. Have done that now.






Helpful resources

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,536)