cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Patch on ID number in sharepoint is not working

I have a gallery that I want to update a value in (Person value) that is selected from a dropdown I have a button that stores the ID of the selected item and am trying to use that to do the patch on and have tried various Patch methods to get this to work but I cannot figure it out; My SharePoint list is "Planners" bound to the drop down ddPlanner - PlannerName is a person field that I want to be able to store into the Assigned value (also person field) in the Tracking List.

Patch(First(Filter('Tracking List',ID=_TrackingID)),{Assigned:ddPlanner.Selected.PlannerName})

Also this doesn't work

Patch('Tracking List',First(Filter('Tracking List',ID=_TrackingID)),{Assigned:ddPlanner.Selected.PlannerName})

Even if I just try to patch it as a text value I'm getting an error. The ID is coming from the default SharePoint ID column perhaps that is the issue - it is my only unique ID to work with.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: Patch on ID number in sharepoint is not working

As you know patch is difficult.  I would set up a temporary form, see if you can get the form working, and then move on to turning it into a patch.  People fields aren't straightforward at the best of times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,731)