Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendanZ1
Helper V
Helper V

Patch or edit issue for user

Hi all,

I have the following issue and I am at a loss as to what else I can do to identify the issue;

I have an app that is working perfectly fine for all existing users.

I have started a new user and given all necessary permissions for them to read and edit the connected data held in SP Lists.

The user can sign in, access the app and also save data to one of the lists that the app is connected to.

BUT.....when they want to save data to a secondary list, it fails to do anything.

Both of these save functions are patches, and both work perfectly for the other users.

Both lists are contained in the same site on SharePoint.

I have used the monitoring tool where I have compared the analysis against the same actions performed by a user where it is working. So far I have found zero difference from the two readings. Based on the information recorded, the app is behaving exactly the same for both users, with exception that the new user is unable to save any data to one of the lists.....

The only difference I can see, is that when I look into information relating to the user profile in Azure AD, is that the new user has no proxy address. My understanding is that all users are first created in our exchange which then syncs with Office 365, at which point I am able to assign licences etc.

Is there something I am overlooking, is there other tools I can use to diagnose the potential issue?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrendanZ1
Helper V
Helper V

Ok so I have now found out that the save is working to the second list, but the issue has been that the data in the list was not displaying in the apps gallery for the new user. In the end, I had to modify the code and add another column to contain the user email as a string and it started working.....I think the issue is in the setup of the user as the existing code wouldn't pickup the new users email.....So definitely not to do with SharePoint, permissions or PowerApps at this stage.....
Thanks to those who have replied as I drafted this response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@BrendanZ1 

1) Check if the permissions they have are the same and they have appropriate license for Office 365 or a license giving access to SharePoint.

2) Try having the users that it is not working for, clearing all the cookies and cache in their local device's browser and then trying again and seeing if the issue goes away after that for those users. If they are using a mobile phone, have them clear all the saved data on the Power Apps Application (the installed native app) and then retrying.

BrendanZ1
Helper V
Helper V

Ok so I have now found out that the save is working to the second list, but the issue has been that the data in the list was not displaying in the apps gallery for the new user. In the end, I had to modify the code and add another column to contain the user email as a string and it started working.....I think the issue is in the setup of the user as the existing code wouldn't pickup the new users email.....So definitely not to do with SharePoint, permissions or PowerApps at this stage.....
Thanks to those who have replied as I drafted this response.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,444)