cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patch person column

Hello there,

I have my SharePoint list, with Text, choice, and person or group column. 

I was able to create new records using the patch function in my Canvas App, but when I create the combo box and select the person that I want to add, it saved all, but the person or group column still empty. 

My SharePoint List: 

image.png

My powerapp and patch function:

image.png

Is there a way to be able to save the Felipe Wilches in my Powner (person or group type) on my SharePoint list? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What is the Items property of the combo box control that you use for the person and group field? By default, for a multiple-select enabled person and group field, the Items property of the combo box control inside the edit form should be:

Choices([@ListName].MultiPerson)

Replace ListName with your SharePoint list name and MultiPerson with your person and group column name.

Then in Patch formula, for this column, the syntax should be:

.......MultiPerson:ComboBox1.SelectedItems......

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What is the Items property of the combo box control that you use for the person and group field? By default, for a multiple-select enabled person and group field, the Items property of the combo box control inside the edit form should be:

Choices([@ListName].MultiPerson)

Replace ListName with your SharePoint list name and MultiPerson with your person and group column name.

Then in Patch formula, for this column, the syntax should be:

.......MultiPerson:ComboBox1.SelectedItems......

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,008)