cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
ElMeSaFeR
Helper IV
Helper IV

Patch person from ComboBox to SP People

Hi, 

 

I have SP list contain People and Group column, and I create a PowerApps form contain a ComboBox that search all users by 

Items: 

Office365Users.SearchUser()

so it's list all the users.

 

Now I need to patch any selected user from this ComboBox to the SP list

 

I already used the following code but it's not working with me 

 

 

RequesterName:{

                 '@odata.type': 
                 "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpanderUser",
                 Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(User().Email),
                 Department:"",
                 DisplayName: (User().FullName),
                 Email: (User().Email),
                 JobTitle: ".",
                 Picture:"."

               }

is there a missing part in this formula or any other best practice ?

 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Edwin-Abdalian
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

isn't it working at all or you get an error, or it always patches the current user? in your formula, you always pass the current user to the patch function.

Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(User().Email)
Email: (User().Email)

 but you wanted the selected users from the combobox to be patched, right?

exactly it's showing argument error.

yes, I want the selected users from the combobox to be patched
but the destination column is person and group type

please post the entire patch function, so I can trace the formula

Basically you need to capture the selected user in a variable and then use the variable in your patch function.

OnChange of your combobox, create these variables:

UpdateContext(
{
locSelectedUserEmail: Lower(First(ComboBox4.SelectedItems).Mail),
locSelectedUserDisplayName: First(ComboBox4.SelectedItems).DisplayName
}
)

and then use the variable wherever applicable

RequesterName:{

                 '@odata.type': 
                 "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpanderUser",
                 Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & locSelectedUserEmail,
                 Department:"",
                 DisplayName: locSelectedUserDisplayName,
                 Email: locSelectedUserEmail,
                 JobTitle: ".",
                 Picture:"."

               }

 

RequesterName01.PNG

 

 

same error !

don't pass the display name, just set it to ""

also please share the entire Patch function

Patch
      ('MyAppName',Defaults('MyAppName'),
     
        {    
        Title: 

                    TextInput2_11.Text,

    
'Details': 

                   
                    TextInput1_1.Text,
               
'Type':{

                  '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                   Value: "New"

            },

Department: Dropdown6_1.Selected,


RequesterName:{

                 '@odata.type': 
                 "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpanderUser",
                 Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & locSelectedUserEmail,
                 Department:"",
                 DisplayName: locSelectedUserDisplayName,
                 Email: locSelectedUserEmail,
                 JobTitle: ".",
                 Picture:"."

               }
               
        }
            
)

the problem is where you don't get the Text value from the dropdown. the red text below. 

Department: Dropdown6_1.Selected.Value 

Patch
      ('MyAppName',Defaults('MyAppName'),
     
        {    
        Title: 

                    TextInput2_11.Text,

    
'Details': 

                   
                    TextInput1_1.Text,
               
'Type':{

                  '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                   Value: "New"

            },

Department: Dropdown6_1.Selected.Value,


RequesterName:{

                 '@odata.type': 
                 "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpanderUser",
                 Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & locSelectedUserEmail,
                 Department:"",
                 DisplayName: locSelectedUserDisplayName,
                 Email: locSelectedUserEmail,
                 JobTitle: ".",
                 Picture:"."

               }
               
        }
            
)

 

I really appreciate your help, I don't have any problems with the other codes except person patch

 

If I delete 

 

RequesterName:{

                 '@odata.type': 
                 "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpanderUser",
                 Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & locSelectedUserEmail,
                 Department:"",
                 DisplayName: locSelectedUserDisplayName,
                 Email: locSelectedUserEmail,
                 JobTitle: ".",
                 Picture:"."

               }

the code is working fine, also after I add ".value" I got another error 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,433)