cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Patch record with multi-users simultaneously

I am working on a survey app for external visitors.

Data will be recorded using same Office365 account but there are multiple screens. 

When survey starts it will use ClearCollect + Patch combination to create a new record, set a variable for ID of new record:

ClearCollect(colID,Patch('List Result',Defaults('List Result'),{Title:Now()}));
Set(varID,First(colID).ID);

On each survey question the recored is updated based on lookup of previously created new record ID:

Patch('List Result',First(Filter(colID,ID=varID)),{Q1:"Yes"})

But I then discover this logic is flawed. If user1 [varID=1] is in the middle of the survey and user2 [varID=2] started, the varID will be swithed to 2 for the remaining of user1's answers.

How to distribute the corresponding answer to the correct record?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Patch record with multi-users simultaneously

Hi @Titiwai ,

What is the control that you use for the users to fill the survey? What is your data source? Is it an Edit form that connect to your data source? If so, what did you set in the Item property of the form?

Regards.

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Patch record with multi-users simultaneously

Button control + SharePoint List. I did not use form bit instead patch response based on established ID and navigate to next screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,756)