Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ENRM
Helper II
Helper II

Patch to Sharepoint

Hello.
Have two Sharepoint lists (DataList and TestFuelSkjema). I want to Patch Dropdown1 (Kunde) with registration button. Dropdown1 is connected to DataList, and I want to Petch to TestFuelSkjema (Kunde).
I do not get it with what I have tried.

I want to create a new record in TestFuelSkjema in Sharepoint.

Any suggestions?

PatchPP.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ENRM 

What type of column is Kunde?  If is is not a record based column (choice, Lookup, etc) then you will have an error.

If it is text, then you need to use the field from your selected dropdown.

Example, if your dropdown has a Kunde column in it, then your formula should have Dropdown1.Selected.Kunde 

If the Dropdown is based on something else, then you need to look at the Items property to see what type of table columns it will have.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ENRM 

What error are you getting?

When you change the Items property to use Distinct, you are changing the names of the columns associated with that control.  Distinct returns a table with a single column called Result.

So, if you reference that dropdown you would now be using dropdown.Selected.Result

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ricardox180
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi! @ENRM  for patch you need an ID, look:

Patch(
    CollItemsPres;{IdPres:DataTable_Presupuesto.Selected.IdPres};
    { 
        ConceptoPres: Txt_Concepto_Pres.Text;
        Lunes_Pres: Value(Txt_Lunes_Pres.Text);
   }
)

And for dropdown should be: "Dropdown1.Selected.Value"

Hope it helped you

If this post answers your question, please mark my post as a solution!
If you like my post please click thumb up

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ENRM 

What type of column is Kunde?  If is is not a record based column (choice, Lookup, etc) then you will have an error.

If it is text, then you need to use the field from your selected dropdown.

Example, if your dropdown has a Kunde column in it, then your formula should have Dropdown1.Selected.Kunde 

If the Dropdown is based on something else, then you need to look at the Items property to see what type of table columns it will have.

I hope this is helpful for you.

@RandyHayes 

Kunde is simple line text in both forms in Sharepoint.
Found the problem. The title field was set to require value. Removed it and then it was sent to Sharepoint. But there is still a red cross over the button.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ENRM 

Yes, so as I mentioned - your Kunde is a text column.  You are trying to assign a record to it.  That is not valid and will give you an error.  Selected is a record.  It has columns in it (based on the Items property of the control).  You need to use the formula I mentioned - Dropdown1.Selected.someColumn

Where someColumn is the column you want to put in Kunde.

@RandyHayes Yes, I did it the first time, forgot to mention it in the previous post.
Added a new button, and then everything was fine. Thank you.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ENRM 

Excellent!

@RandyHayes 

Gets errors when I enter Distinct('Data Liste Fueling';Kunde) in #Items # for Kunde.
Any idea?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ENRM 

What error are you getting?

When you change the Items property to use Distinct, you are changing the names of the columns associated with that control.  Distinct returns a table with a single column called Result.

So, if you reference that dropdown you would now be using dropdown.Selected.Result

@RandyHayes 

Now I have learned a lot. Thank you. Result was the solution. Possibly I have more questions later😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,108)