cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patch to edit or add records to database from a collection

Hello all,

I'm attempting to add offline functionality to my app by following the general steps found here. My situation is slightly more complex though. My users have a form where they can check the data we have about a location and edit it if need be. When offline, I'm collecting that data in a collection (table). When the app recognizes it is online, I want to update the database with the info from the collection. Some of the records may be brand new (if they created a new location via the form), most will be edits of existing records. I think I could easily add new records using:

Collect( database, newtable)

However, if I do that with a collection full of edited records, then my database will be full of duplicate data. I've seen that the second field of Patch isn't accepting tables. If it was, I would like to:

Patch( database, newtable)

Any ideas how I can achieve  this?

1 REPLY 1
Lisabel0
Helper V
Helper V

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-offline-apps-with-new-powerapps-capabilities/

Check if you could refer to the formulas used in the example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,612)