cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Patch to sp list

Hey, I am having trouble patching to SP list. It will patch over a text field but not to a number field on the list. Here is the code let me know if you need more information. Thanks for the help. 

Patch(Project_Update, First(Filter(Project_Update,ProjectNumberDropdownCS.Selected.'Project Number' = 'Project Number')),{'PROJECT NAME': ProjectNameTextInputCS.Text},{'CO #1 Total Amount':CO1TATextInput})

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @DanishIslam and @Kj3 

There is a shortcut that you can use instead of the Value() function.  Simply multiply a Text value *1.  This automatically converts it to a number. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

If 'CO #1 Total Amount' is a number field then you have to convert the input text to Number type using Value function. So your formula should look like this-

Patch(Project_Update, First(Filter(Project_Update,ProjectNumberDropdownCS.Selected.'Project Number' = 'Project Number')),{'PROJECT NAME': ProjectNameTextInputCS.Text},{'CO #1 Total Amount': Value(CO1TATextInput.Text)})

Hope it helps.

Highlighted

Hi @DanishIslam and @Kj3 

There is a shortcut that you can use instead of the Value() function.  Simply multiply a Text value *1.  This automatically converts it to a number. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,368)