cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Maxwell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Patch values to SharePoint Lookup column

I have a collection called "Beneficiary_Collection" and a sharePoint list called "Beneficiary". In SharePoint list I have a Lookup column called "Conditions" which it allows Multiple Values to be saved (in SP, Allow multiple values is enabled).

Collection has the following values for ID = "50114": AcceptableActive

I'm using the following code to Patch multiple values to SP Conditions column:

ForAll(Beneficiary_Collection,
Patch(Beneficiary,LookUp(Beneficiary, Beneficiary_ID = "50114"),
{
    Conditions: Table(
    {
           '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
           Id: LookUp(Conditions_Lookup, English_Def in Conditions.English_Def, ID),
           Value: LookUp(Conditions_Lookup, English_Def in Conditions.English_Def, English_Def)

})
}))

But the problem is that it only saves the first row/value which is Acceptable. My question is, how can I loop/read/insert every value in Collection?

I also tested the following which is the manual way, it works but I don't know how to make this automatic.

Conditions: Table(
    {
           '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
           Id: 1,
           Value: "Acceptable"      
    },
    {
           Id: 5,
           Value: "Active"         
    })

Following are the end results:

• This is how it looks in SP when I use the second way (manual):

1.JPG

• This is how it looks in SP when I use the first way (automatic):

2.JPG

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
JuanG
Frequent Visitor

I have a lookup column set to allow multiple values in a SharePoint Library.

Lookup column points to a large list (more than 5,000 items).

Multi-value combobox "items" property was set to the large list (specific SharePoint Connection added to the form), using a filter function that can be delegated to SharePoint.

Update property for DataCard was left blank.

OnSuccess property for SharePointForm set as recommended in https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Reuse-Forms-Galleries-for-multiple-Sh...

Above instructions made the trick for me.

Mohandar
Helper I
Helper I

I am using Filter too but getting List Threshold issue my list Completed Invoices has more then 500 items.

Filter(Choices([@TestBatches].Invoices),Value in Filter('Completed Invoices','Exported?'.Value = "No").Title)

Is there any other way to manage this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,883)