Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Patching Combobox to Person Column

Hi

I have a person column in my SP list which I want to be able to patch to from a ComboBox. the ComboBox's ITEMS is using the Choices function which works but when I try and patch back I get that the requested column expects a RECORD but finds a TABLE. Surely if the ComboBox is referring back to the choices in the person column, I should be able to patch data back to the column?

Also, is there a way to set the default item of the combobox to the current item. For example, ThisItem.MyComboBox.SelectedItems......

Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Glad I could help you, had the same issue a few months back, its kinda hard to find out specific columns expected formatting. 

Take care 😃 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Person columns expect the following format: 

{
        DisplayName: User().FullName;
        Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & User().Email;
        Department: "";
        Email: User().Email;
        JobTitle:"";
        Picture:User().Image
    }

jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Great. Many thanks. This kind of works but it keeps reverting back to myself rather than the display name I have selected in the ComboBox?

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Yes because i put User() which gets the curret user, switch it to the person object selected in your App 😃 

jed76
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes I realised that just after I posted! Many thanks. 

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Glad I could help you, had the same issue a few months back, its kinda hard to find out specific columns expected formatting. 

Take care 😃 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,696)