cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJ25
Frequent Visitor

Patching Excel table Error

I'm trying to use Patch to write in 2 columns of an Excel table. below is the code I'm using:

Patch(Table1,LookUp(Table1,'SItem'=Label3.Text),{TopPriority:TP,Comments:TextInput1.Text})

The column SItem has unique values, TP is a variable that has text value "yes" or "No". However I keep getting an error saying The data source is either ready-only or does not have a unique key, so key Patch cannot write to it.

If anyone could help resolving this, it'd be much appreciated. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SJ25 ,

How did you add the excel to data source?

If you connect the Excel data to PowerApps via Import From Excel connector, Please notice that the excel table imported in this way is static and read-only, you cannot modify it from within PowerApps.

You need upload the Excel to OneDrive for business, and create OneDrive for business connection in App to select the Excel Tables.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @SJ25 ,

Excel can't be updated if the workbook is opened by any user. So please close the excel and try the same.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
SJ25
Frequent Visitor

@KrishnaV The workbook is closed but the issue still prevails

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SJ25 ,

How did you add the excel to data source?

If you connect the Excel data to PowerApps via Import From Excel connector, Please notice that the excel table imported in this way is static and read-only, you cannot modify it from within PowerApps.

You need upload the Excel to OneDrive for business, and create OneDrive for business connection in App to select the Excel Tables.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

SJ25
Frequent Visitor

@v-siky-msft Ah! My excel file is on OneDrive for business but my connection was Import from Excel. I will change the connector and try. Thanks! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,606)