Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Patching HTML Text to Power Automate email

Hello,

Forgive me if patching is not the right thing here!

In my PowerApps canvas app, I am using a SharePoint column called "Comments" and having followed a tutorial online I've been able to append comments with my name, date and time - this data is only visible in the PowerApps form.

Some how, Id like the ability to send an email each time a comment is appended by using the Send button as shown in the screenshot. But only display the latest update and not all updates.

Any ideas?

comments.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@sudosaurus 

It seems to be you are using Patch on clicking Send button to update your comments. Add Outlook connection to your Power App, then in OnSelect property for Send button, before Patch function, you can use <outlookconnector>.SendEmail() to send the email with the value of Comments field in the body of the email.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted

@rsaikrishna 

Currently I am using the standard SharePoint wave button at the top of this form to save the comments.

could you tel me how I incorporate patch into the button to do this instead? and include the outlook send connector code as well?

thanks 🙏 

Highlighted

@rsaikrishna any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,444)