Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Becca51178
Helper II
Helper II

Patching Multiple Items from Collection to Sharepoint List Error

Capture.PNG

I have a toggle buttons for events that when checked go into a signup form. People can check multiple events at one time. The problem trying to load all of the selected items into a sharepoint. Right now its only letting me upload one at a time. I tried the above solution, but it fails if more than one event leader is selected for an event. Do I have to remove the event leader column to get it to work?

Update: Well removing the event leader from the code doesn't work. Is there a way to add it even if there are more than one leaders in charge of an event? I don't want to create a flow just to update that one column

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

Question for you: can you please check if unique values are being enforced in the SharePoint column for Event Leader? This may be the source of your error. Take a peek in the list settings and let me know.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

Question for you: can you please check if unique values are being enforced in the SharePoint column for Event Leader? This may be the source of your error. Take a peek in the list settings and let me know.

I had it listed as a required field. If I take away the value completely I can get the items to patch to the sharepoint list. 

Event Leader is tied to a person field. That may be why. I think I will have to create a flow to update the information which isn't really what I wanted to do

@Becca51178
Hmmm, I thought maybe your error was due to SharePoint requiring a unique person for the value. I am not sure you checked that out from your response but I’ll let you know if I have any other theories.

Well I am not seeing that. Powerapps won't let me patch the same person in a collection. I will check Sharepoint again to see if I missed something

No you were absolutely right. I thought I had the enforce unique values turned off. I went and checked. Sure enough they were still on. 

Thanks. Everything is working fine now!

@Becca51178 

I am glad to hear its working for you now.  Best of luck with building your app!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,739)