Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Patching Multiple Screens to a SharePoint LIst

Background on what I'm trying to do; I have a landing page which has buttons that take users to each of the buildings on our site.  When the user clicks on a button to a building it takes them to a checklist.  As part of this checklist we collect temperature readings in each of these buildings.  What I'm trying to do is to patch all of the temperature readings from each of the buildings to a SharePoint List.  We gather the temperature readings by using a slider, I've also got a textbox next to the slider as a display for the temperatures we record.  In my SharePoint List, I've created columns that correspond to each fo the readings that we take, the columns are formatted as a single line of text.  I cannot get the patch function to work and I'm testing just one slider field at the moment (I probably have about 25 fields that I'll need to patch).


I'm using this code on my OnSelect on the Submit Readings button: Patch(FacilitiesChecklist,Defaults(FacilitiesChecklist),{HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum:UpperLevelMinAirTempSlider.Selected.Value})


I'm getting the error "The specified column 'HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum' does not exist." and "The Function 'Patch' has som invalid arguments."


I have my SharePoint List FacilitiesChecklist connected as a datasource and it has the column "HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum".  I'm guessing my error could be that it's trying to take the slider value and cannnot put it into a text field?  


So I tried updating it to use the textbox field: Patch(FacilitiesChecklist,Defaults(FacilitiesChecklist),{HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum:UpperLevelMinAirTempTextbox.Text})


I then get the same errors.


Please help, I'm at a loss.




Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your response.  I got it figured out.  I think what caused this error is that I changed the SP fields from choice to text. 

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abonahoom ,


According to error info and my test, it can be sure that there is something wrong with your column name. The system cannot match the corresponding column in SP list.


Have you ever rename that column name? Does the column name automatically prompt in formula bar when you enter the formula?

Can you create a new column with simple name and try again to check if your issue is fixed?


Best regards,



Thank you for your response.  I got it figured out.  I think what caused this error is that I changed the SP fields from choice to text. 

View solution in original post

Hi @abonahoom ,


If my post helps, please consider to click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought my post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.


Best regards,


Helpful resources

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.


Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,924)