cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KamhinHo
Frequent Visitor

Patching Multiple Selected Values from ComboBox to Sharepoint List

Hello all, 

I am pretty new to the PowerApps, and I need help saving the values from multiple combo boxes to my SharePoint list:

1. I have 3 combo boxes and they have relationships (Primary Key and Foreign Key Pair) connecting, and they are ComboBox_Function, ComboBox_Category, and ComboBox_SubCategory.

2. There is a filter function for each combo box that displays the relevant values to the user. 

3. User can select multiple values in all 3 tables and submit them to the SharePoint list. 

The Goal: Saving the user all multiple inputs in a SharePoint list.

I was referring to the "2. Patching Multiple Selected Items to Multiple records or Line Itemsfrom this website: https://www.powerplatformguide.com/post/patching-combo-box-inputs-power-apps

However, I can only save one combo box to multiple records in SP list. 

My desired SP List outcome is the following:

Submission ID

Function

(Multiple Lines)

Category 

(Multiple Lines)

SubCategory 

(Multiple Lines)

1FunctionACategory ASubCategory B
1FunctionACategory BSubCategory C
2FunctionBCategory ASubCategory D
2FunctionBCategory CSubCategory A
2FunctionBCategory DSubCategory C

Currently, I have the column property set to multiple lines, but it can be changed if needed.

My question: how do I patch/save the user inputs into multiple lines of record in the SharePoint List like the example above?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,242)