cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KamhinHo
Frequent Visitor

Patching Multiple Selected Values from ComboBox to Sharepoint List

Hello all, 

I am pretty new to the PowerApps, and I need help saving the values from multiple combo boxes to my SharePoint list:

1. I have 3 combo boxes and they have relationships (Primary Key and Foreign Key Pair) connecting, and they are ComboBox_Function, ComboBox_Category, and ComboBox_SubCategory.

2. There is a filter function for each combo box that displays the relevant values to the user. 

3. User can select multiple values in all 3 tables and submit them to the SharePoint list. 

The Goal: Saving the user all multiple inputs in a SharePoint list.

I was referring to the "2. Patching Multiple Selected Items to Multiple records or Line Itemsfrom this website: https://www.powerplatformguide.com/post/patching-combo-box-inputs-power-apps

However, I can only save one combo box to multiple records in SP list. 

My desired SP List outcome is the following:

Submission ID

Function

(Multiple Lines)

Category 

(Multiple Lines)

SubCategory 

(Multiple Lines)

1FunctionACategory ASubCategory B
1FunctionACategory BSubCategory C
2FunctionBCategory ASubCategory D
2FunctionBCategory CSubCategory A
2FunctionBCategory DSubCategory C

Currently, I have the column property set to multiple lines, but it can be changed if needed.

My question: how do I patch/save the user inputs into multiple lines of record in the SharePoint List like the example above?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,579)