cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patching To Parent/Child Records

Hi All,

I have an issue which I cannot get my head around. I have two SPO lists, Orders & ItemsInOrder. I have a "shopping cart" system, whereby I create orders in one list, but the items themselves are in the second list and are referenced to an Order ID.

I am able to update the status of each item independently (each item can be marked as "on hold", "declined" etc) and this works well. What I am wanting to do is have the system patch the Order to the same status if all of the items are marked the same, so for example if all items are marked "on hold" the Order itself will be marked as on hold. I have two galleries, the first one is the gallery of orders and the second is those items linked to that order. Can anyone advise of how I could do this? I use a variable to set the selected Order for patching.

My patch for the OrderItems is: ForAll(Gallery7.AllItems,Patch(ItemsInOrder,{ID:ID},{ItemInOrderStatus:Dropdown2.Selected.Value}))

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the variable that you mentioned? Could you please share more details about the formula you used within the Items property of the second Gallery? Does the Gallery7 represent the second Gallery?

Based on the formula you provided, I think you use this Patch formula to update the Order Items status in your second Gallery (Gallery7), is it true?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think a Timer control could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Add a Timer control in your app, set the Duration property to following:

set the AutoStart and Repeat property to following:

true

set the OnTimerEnd property of the Timer to following:

If(
    CountRows(Filter(Gallery7.AllItems, ItemInOrderStatus = First(Gallery7.AllItems).ItemInOrderStatus)) = CountRows(Gallery7.AllItems),
Patch(
'Orders List',
FirstGallery.Selected, /* or type LookUp('Orders List', ID = FirstGallery.Selected.ID) */
{
OrderStatus: First(Gallery7.AllItems).ItemInOrderStatus /* <-- OrderStatus represents the Status column in your Orders List, which is used to store the status value */
}
) )

Note: The FirstGallery represents the first Gallery in your app, which connects to the Orders SP List.

If the OrderStatus column in your Orders List is Choice type column, please consider modify above formula as below:

If(
    CountRows(Filter(Gallery7.AllItems, ItemInOrderStatus = First(Gallery7.AllItems).ItemInOrderStatus)) = CountRows(Gallery7.AllItems),
Patch(
'Orders List',
FirstGallery.Selected, /* or type LookUp('Orders List', ID = FirstGallery.Selected.ID) */
{
OrderStatus: {
Value: First(Gallery7.AllItems).ItemInOrderStatus
}
}
) )

Set the Visible proeprty of the Timer to following:

false

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the variable that you mentioned? Could you please share more details about the formula you used within the Items property of the second Gallery? Does the Gallery7 represent the second Gallery?

Based on the formula you provided, I think you use this Patch formula to update the Order Items status in your second Gallery (Gallery7), is it true?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think a Timer control could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Add a Timer control in your app, set the Duration property to following:

set the AutoStart and Repeat property to following:

true

set the OnTimerEnd property of the Timer to following:

If(
Patch(
'Orders List',
{
OrderStatus: First(Gallery7.AllItems).ItemInOrderStatus /* <-- OrderStatus represents the Status column in your Orders List, which is used to store the status value */
}
) )

Note: The FirstGallery represents the first Gallery in your app, which connects to the Orders SP List.

If the OrderStatus column in your Orders List is Choice type column, please consider modify above formula as below:

If(
Patch(
'Orders List',
{
OrderStatus: {
Value: First(Gallery7.AllItems).ItemInOrderStatus
}
}
) )

Set the Visible proeprty of the Timer to following:

false

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xida-msft Thank you, thats worked brilliantly.

Many Thanks,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,215)