cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Patching/Updating collections inside a Canvas Component

I've made a canvas component with a gallery and other controls inside. I'm passing a collection as an input to the Component. However, there seems to be problems if you want to patch/update this collection inside the component. Filtering/sorting etc. works fine, but the patch/update functions gives the error: "The first argument needs to be a collection" (I give the component_1.input_table as the argument).

1 REPLY 1
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Update: Seems like Components support collections even though the documentation states it doesn't!

Check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Components-and-collection-warning/m-p/537962...

Basically you can use Collect/ClearCollect on the component's table inputs. Then you can reference those collections inside the component. It gives some generic warning, but it works 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,484)