cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Patching a LookUp field: The right side of the Equal operator must be a constant value

As the title says I am patching a LookUp field in CDS. I have not had a problem with this before.

1) I am creating an offline collection which collects some details for a new record plus the GUID of a related entity and the GUID for another related entity.

2) The first LookUp to be patched works. I create a GUID on the device for the related entity. Upload the related record first with the GUID then do a patch for the next entity and relate it with the GUID:

Shift: LookUp(Choices('Shift Activities'.Shifts), UID=new_shiftGUID)

3) Then the other related entity already has a record in the system so I get the system generated GUID

4) Within the same patch I try to update the LookUp field for this second related entity:

Campaign: LookUp(Choices('Shift Activities'.Campaigns), Campaign=new_campaignid)

5) While the record is patched, it does not complete the Campaign LookUp field. Instead, using monitor I get the following error:

"message": "The right side of the \"Equal\" operator must be a constant value."

6) If I put the field value in a text box with this formula:
First(colOfflineShiftCollection).new_campaignid

7) Then do another text box to Look Up the campaign based on the string:
LookUp(Campaigns, Campaign=GUID(Label26.Text)).Name

😎 It works and I can reference the Campaign

9) Similarly, if I patch the LookUp field using the value from the text box the Patch works fully!

10) What is going on? Why can't I patch this LookUp field?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Patching a LookUp field: The right side of the Equal operator must be a constant value

Some additional information:

When looking at monitor, the request is the following:

Highlighted

Re: Patching a LookUp field: The right side of the Equal operator must be a constant value

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by your reply. If you are suggesting that the second URL is the correct one then yes I agree, this is my point. PowerApps is not constructing the URL in this way, it is constructing the first one. I don't know why it is doing this and I can't see a way around it and so I am getting the problem I initially posted about.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,047)