Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martyrod
Frequent Visitor

Patching a Lookup Colum

Hi,

New to powerapps,

have a sharepoint list for shopfloor data collection.

at present, in the list if the user selects a works order it looks up and gets the part number.

however in the form, i want this to happen as soon as they have put the part number in. 

i think i understand i need to use the patch function , on the oncchange event.

but cant get my head round the syntax,

SFDC2021 is the data collection table with the field works order which looksup to PSL WO DATA for the part number.

any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Martyrod 

selecting the works order and getting the part number makes a lot of sense, well done. 

when you say you want this to happen, what is meant with this, as you first part is a lookup, now when you enter the part number what is it you expect to happen?

Patch will save data back to SharePoint, what is it that you wish to save when you enter a partnumber. Onchange happens with every change so that may be not what you want to happen. Please give some more information.

hope this helps.

@rubin_boer thanks for the response, the part number being returned/looked up is so that the machine operator has confirmation that the works order is correct, and for the part that they have on the machine, and then to record in the list so appropriate manipulation can occur later.

so process, is that operator enterer/scans works order- this updates the Datacard showing the part number in view only. then they proceed to enter  the rest of the information required.

at present, if i select a works order the Data card for partnumber shows the last know part number, and only refresh's when i submit the form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,615)