cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Patching in One Drive for Business and preventing the app user to access/view the data!

My app patches some records in a excel table hosted in my One Drive For Business. 

The problem is that, for the user to be able to run and use the app, i must share the folder where the records are being patched, wich brings some safety issues because this way the user is able to access the the excel. 

Is there any way (using one drive for business), that prevents the user to view/access the data in the shared folder?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

You can use filter and user credentials to limit the Data to be viewed.

Example on a Gallery:

Filter (Datasource, Emailcolumn=User(). Email)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Hi @eka24 , thanks for the reply. It´s not about the data inside Power Apps. The issue is regarding One Drive for Business. I am patching data into an Excel stored in One Drive, to do so, i have to define the folder as shared, so that other users can use the App.

Problem: I dont want the users to have access directly to the file/folder in One Drive, but power apps makes it mandatory to share the folder with the user, otherwise the app shows an error that the user does not have access to write to the file...

Hope i explained myself better this time.

Highlighted

Well you may have to consider another Datasource like SharePoint, CDS or SQL. Excel has a lot of limitations.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,148)