cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Patching problem

Hey all

 

 

I want to know if it is possible to Patch a Textbox.Text into a SharePoint lookup column? 

And how is it done?

If this would be possible all my problems would be solved!!!

 

Thanks in advance

 

Kind regards

 

 

Tom



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Hey @Meneghino

 

 

I tried it and it stays the same for some reason.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

 

Kind regards

 

 

Tom



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Highlighted

Hey @Meneghino

 

 

Well I tried another bit and I found out this, when I look to the details in PowerApps from one order I get this:

Patch_Result.PNG

 

But in SharePoint it is still empty

 

Update: it was just Value1 that was showing the odata-type

 

Kind regards

 

 

Tom



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Highlighted

Hi @Tom_Slosse

I would suggest you try creating a new test list and a new blank app and see if this works for you doing the steps exactly as indicated:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Solved-patching-to-SharePoint-choice-and-lookup-...

If it does not, then I will try to reproduce myself again.  If it does, then you will have a much clearer idea of what needs to be done.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hey @Meneghino

 

 

Will follow your instruction and let you you know as soon as possible

Thanks for your effort and time, really appreciate it

 

Kind regards

 

 

Tom

 



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Highlighted

Hey @Meneghino

 

 

Your solution worked, the only thing that was holding me back was the distinct function in the gallery.

So that's why I couldn't get the ID and Title value.

 

But now that my distinct is gone I have to find another solution to distinct that gallery otherwise the list is endless.

Any ideas how to solve that without hurting the Patch function?

 

Kind regards 

 

 

Tom



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Highlighted

Hi @Tom_Slosse

Can you please be a bit more specific as to why and how and where you use Distinct?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hey @Meneghino

 

 

This is what I had before I had to change it for the Patch function:

SortByColumns(Distinct(Broodjes,Beschrijving),"Result")

This code was in the BroodjesGallery in the property Itemsbroodjesgallery.PNG

 

Kind regards

 

 

Tom

 



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Highlighted

Hi @Tom_Slosse

I am finding it difficult to understand the structure of your data.  Since Broodjes is the lookup table, should it not have unique values of Beschrijving by design?  And if for some reason it does not, then can you not make the Beschrijving column itself a lookup column to a table with the distinct/unique values?

Highlighted

Hey @Meneghino

 

 

Well you have multiple Descriptions that are the same but with different size and varieties of sandwiches like f.e.

Description: Bacon

Size: 1/2 french bread

Variety: White bread

 

Description Bacon

Size: 1/4 french bread

Variety: Brown bread

...

Thats a bit my problem to organise the data

 

Kind regards 

 

 

Tom



If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Highlighted

I see, now I understand.  I think you need a hierarchy type structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,386)