Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arigl
Helper I
Helper I

Patching problem

Hi all,

I'm new to powerapps and I have a problem which looks simple:

H9 is a 4 column table located in my onedrive (Excel),  I'm trying to write records to, ussing the function:

Patch(H9, Defaults(H9) ,  {Date="1-Jan-2018", Name:"Ariel", Ar:"1", Dep:"1"})

The error: powerapps does not recognizes H9 as source and sometimes 'invalid arguments' is announced.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ari

24 REPLIES 24

First.

Sienna
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

OK so can you please send a picture of that error with that patch code?

Er2.pngEr1.png

Sienna
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Ok so just as I said previously... replace the code what you got in OnSelect property with

ClearCollect(NewRec,{Date: DatePicker2.SelectedDate,Name:TextInput1.Text,Ar:"1",Dep:"1"});Patch(H,Defaults(H),First(NewRec))

I did and without any change. Patch does not recognize the table H as Datasource.

Sienna
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

can you send picture of it?

Er3.png

Sienna
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Ok so now can you please send a picture of your datasources connected to your powerapps. Got to

View->Data Sources and it will be on your right side

it should look like this

DataS.png

Er4.png

Got to go home now I realy apreciate your help.

Sienna
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Right so you didn't create a connection to your database. Follow the instruction (option1) I have send you previously. If you do it corrctly you will have the datasorce listed there with blue icon (as you can see it on my picture) and name H. If the name is different you will have to change it also in your OnSellect property Patch

File -> Connections..

then from your web borwser

Create a connection -> Chose OneDrive (or OneDrive for busineses) -> Log in

...and so on

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,596)