cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaikhadil

Patching the date to excel

Hi all

I am Patching the Date from Power Apps to Excel But when it's patched into excel the date automatically converts into this Format (2014-05-27T00:00:00.000Z). But in Power Apps it is basically in normal format as(dd/mm/yy)

Actually I want to link the excel data base with the date table that I had created in my Power Bi.

I tried using a text function but it's not getting patched as I had change the format type in Excel to Date format to able to link the date Table in Power Bi  with the date column in excel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shaikhadil,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch a date formatted like "dd/mm/yy" to Excel table?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, if you have a Date format column in your Excel table, you could not patch a date formatted like "dd/mm/yy". Only a General column in the Excel table could achieve this.

If you want to link the date column in Power BI to the date column in Excel table, you could consider using the DateValue() function to convert date column into date format value when you want to compare the date column in Power BI with the date column in Excel table.

So, please change your date format column in Excel into General column and try as below.

Not sure how you save your date in Power Apps, a DatePicker or something else, I just assume that you have a DatePicker.

Patch(Table1, Defaults(Table1),{Date: Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yy")})

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shaikhadil,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch a date formatted like "dd/mm/yy" to Excel table?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, if you have a Date format column in your Excel table, you could not patch a date formatted like "dd/mm/yy". Only a General column in the Excel table could achieve this.

If you want to link the date column in Power BI to the date column in Excel table, you could consider using the DateValue() function to convert date column into date format value when you want to compare the date column in Power BI with the date column in Excel table.

So, please change your date format column in Excel into General column and try as below.

Not sure how you save your date in Power Apps, a DatePicker or something else, I just assume that you have a DatePicker.

Patch(Table1, Defaults(Table1),{Date: Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yy")})

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,669)