cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeBlairTP
Helper II
Helper II

Patching the name of the user that created a record

My form collects information in a collection then patched it to a SharePoint list.  The created by field in SharePoint is always the owner of the app (me).  Is it possible and how to I patch the username of the person creating record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeBlairTP,

I want to explain to you that the CreateBy column within the SP list is a default column populated with the person who created the item.

So the CreateBy column does display the person who created the record, however you could not patch it because it assign the created by person display name to the field automatically after the record is saved successfully.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kosenurm
Super User
Super User

You can set this as User().FullName on the patch command, and it should patch the name of the user using the app. 

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeBlairTP,

I want to explain to you that the CreateBy column within the SP list is a default column populated with the person who created the item.

So the CreateBy column does display the person who created the record, however you could not patch it because it assign the created by person display name to the field automatically after the record is saved successfully.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,724)