cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DANIEL13
Frequent Visitor

Pdf View no openning any pdf files

I have use the pdf viewer in the past with opening attachments of SharePoint list but today I am trying to do it again in a new app. I found that it is just black:
Even with a public document : "https://blog.mozilla.org/security/files/2015/05/HTTPS-FAQ.pdf"

DANIEL13_0-1630017061297.png

Even SamplePDF document when I add the pdf viewer in the app comes up. it is not opening this ever.

Anyone having this type of issue??

Thank you very much

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DANIEL13,

Do you mean your PDF viewer stops working?

Actually, you are right that the latest version has this issue. 

You should roll back to your older version. 

Open the app as normal. Select Settings, Support and you will see your app version. Below that, there is an Edit link with a pencil icon. From there, you can choose version 3.21081.49 and reload. You must do this every time you want to open.

In a word, open your latest version of the new app and changed version to 3.21081.49 and all is well. 

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DANIEL13,

Do you mean your PDF viewer stops working?

Actually, you are right that the latest version has this issue. 

You should roll back to your older version. 

Open the app as normal. Select Settings, Support and you will see your app version. Below that, there is an Edit link with a pencil icon. From there, you can choose version 3.21081.49 and reload. You must do this every time you want to open.

In a word, open your latest version of the new app and changed version to 3.21081.49 and all is well. 

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

thanks for the information, I was hoping it was something to do with the powerapps but I couldnt find the version selection or anything by myself

@v-qiaqi-msft 

So I tried the steps you put and then it does work in Edit Mode but when I save, and publish it goes back to not working. Any ideas? 

jmartorano
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue, cannot view any pdfs in the viewer, not even the example pdf that gets inserted automatically when adding the component to an app

ttxx

Same issue, waiting for solution. Thanks

doesnt work

KonradLL

Hi, workaround with changing PowerApps version works in Edit mode only... How can I release the app with working PDF viewer? Thanks in advance for help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,960)