cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Pen Input issue

I was building an app that I wanted have people add their signature to. I was having some issues with the pen Input, so I built a much smaller test app and have noticed something quite odd. The display from the field "disappears" when another row is added. I have attached 2 images; when I added the 6th row, the images for the fifth disappeared. I am using an image control set to the field that has the pen input. The 2 different fields were to test if there was a difference between single line of text and multi-line. I added a display of just the text to see if that was changing, but it does not appear to be.

6 REPLIES 6
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrianS ,

I can see Fifth entry in the provided screen shot I am not soo clear on what is the issue. Could you please explain little further to help you better.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Maybe this image will make it clearer - as I said, when I add a row the previous row disappears.

Hi @BrianS ,

Could you tell me

1)what is your data source?

2)the formula that you use to update with the image in peninput?

Do you mean that your image will disappear  when you update new image?

Usually this problem occurs when you update hyperlink in sharepoint list.

If your data source is indeed sharepoint list, the problem is that you update with data like this:

appres://blobmanager/e2434....

This kind of data is binary data ,which is just cache in powerapps, not a really image file.

So when you refresh data source or reopen the app, the image will not display.

To update image of peninput to sharepoint list, you need to use flow.

Create a flow to create image file by using binary data in peninput and save in sharepoint library.

Then return the image file's link to powerapps. Use this link to update your sharepoint list.

I've answered similar issues here, you could refer:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Save-image-captured-from-camera-in-SharePoin...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Pen-input-save-as-a-image-in-a-sharepoint-li...

If you still have any problem about this, you are welcome to post here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did not know that the data from the "Image" was merely cached - it would be nice if that were included in the documentation, which says you can save the data, when you, evidently can't. I did build out a Flow for a different app which I can re-purpose. In this instance all we needed was a signature so I was hoping to just use the image data.

Hi @BrianS ,

If you not save this peninput image to sharepoint library, this data will be cleared everytime you refresh the connection or reopen this app.

To display this peninput image normally, you need to follow the steps that I've provided:

create a flow to use peninput image to create image file and upload to sharepoint library

use this image file's link to update sharepoint list

display that hyperlink field of sharepoint list in Image control

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yutliu-msft 

Can the reverse of this be true for the Print() function? Once it is saved in a SPO List I can view it and everything is fine for New/Edit/Viewing but when I go to Print(), if I didnt just create it, on Edit/View areas, it does not show the ink image. Again if I do the Print() before it is submitted the ink shows in the print, once it is submitted it only shows in the view but not when the print() function is engaged on any browser.

Inkbeforesubmitapp.jpgInkbeforesubmitprint.jpg

After submission the app shows the ink but the printing screen and print dont show it.

Inkaftersubmitapp.jpgInkaftersubmitprint.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,593)