cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMI-Keith
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Pen Input not showing when printing after SPO submission

Once the pen input and data is saved in a SPO List I can view it and everything is fine for New/Edit/Viewing but when I go to Print(), if I didnt just create it, on Edit/View areas, it does not show the ink image. Again if I do the Print() before it is submitted the ink shows in the print, once it is submitted it only shows in the view but not when the print() function is engaged on any browser.

Below are pics of an item that hasnt been submitted yet which shows everything as it should in print view.

Inkbeforesubmitapp.jpgInkbeforesubmitprint.jpg

After submission the app shows the ink but the printing screen and print dont show it(below).

Inkaftersubmitapp.jpgInkaftersubmitprint.jpg

Is this a bug, do I need to pass the image to a collection upon picking that item to view or edit so it not only just shows up in the app but also shows when printing the already submitted item?

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

@KMI-Keith ,

Please verify the background graphics option to be checked in print menu of the browser.

gabibalaban_0-1625906605143.png

Hope it helps !

Edit: Unfortunately this only works within the app and when printing from the SharePoint List (which is lacking to begin with) it is NOT showing the ink with that option turned on. So it partially works if you are only working within the app and not through the SPO List.

Hello, thanks for the response! It does somewhat help but I almost liked the stripped down version due to the amount of printing ink that not showing the background graphics option would use vs it being on.

It still doesnt explain why it shows the ink while printing before submission to the SPO List and then when the cache is dumped after submission it seems to make it a background graphic. I was really hoping for it to print what I saw and not have to build another view that is printer friendly.

Thanks again for the tip and hopefully others wont have to search for an obscure YT video with 7 views like I did and this answer helps them!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,711)