cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radtadBrad
Helper I
Helper I

Pen Input to DOCX Template

is there any way at all to save a pen input from powerapps, and import it into a word document?  I have successfully  used Plumsail and Microsoft flow to insert the pen input picture (which i saved to a sharepoint library from Powerapps) into a Word Document template....but the picture (signature) is way too big.  I have to manually open the Word Document and resize the picture (signature).  

Is there any way to resize the image either before saving it to a Sharepoint Library, or afterwards when retrieving through Flow and inserting it into the Wod Document template?  

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

I don't believe there is much you can do to pre-format the image, but, there are things you can do on the template side.

If you create a table with the size of the image that you want (even a 1 cell 1 row table).  Set the size of the row and column.  Then, go into the options for the table and un-choose "Automatically resize to fit contents".  Then put your template item in the cell.

Now, the image will resize itself to fit in the table - in other words, the table will not resize to fit the image, the image will resize.

That should do the trick...and hopefully it will help you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @radtadBrad ,

Do you want to resize the image captured from your PowerApps app before saving it to a SP library?

The user @chee has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Compress-or-resizing-images-taken-via-camera-contr...

Currently, resizing image size is not supported within PowerApps. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please vote the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Compress-and-scale-images/idi-p/78045

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I had tried that before, and it didn't work.  The file is created with the image in the table, but I still cannot get the image to resize and fit within the table cell.  I managed to resize the pen input box in the PowerApp so that the saved signature is almost small enough to fit.  But that makes the pen input box pretty small.  

If i could figure out how to succcessfuly force any image to fit within the contents of a table cell it would change everything.  I could create custom templates / reports with image place holders which would be huge.  Any help is much appreciated!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,097)